The Draper Historical Society encourages the donations of artifacts from the public that will be preserved, restored and placed on public display in the Draper City Museum.
The museum is open from 8 am to 6 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. Guided tours are available by appointment.
- to encourage the study of Draper history by establishing a public museum, art gallery, library and archives.
- to promote the preservation, proper organization and publication of authentic historical records and artifacts.
- to acquire and preserve for the use of the Society and the public, objects and materials that illuminate the history of Draper.
- to promote the dissemination of information by lectures, seminars, workshops, excursions of historic and geographic interest, and exhibitions.
- to publish relevant newsletters, journals, presentations and other material.
- to encourage new memberships in the Society to support and promote these goals and objectives.
Donations to the Draper Historical Society have enabled us to create a wonderful museum and showcase many historical artifacts. We welcome your continued donations to the museum.
Museum Wish List
The following items are desired as part of the The Draper Historical Society Museum collection:
- Spinning wheel
- Blacksmith tools
- Electric stove pre-1940 on legs
- Old clocks-pre 1940
- Pioneer pictures
- Telephones pre-1940
- Pot Belly Stove
- Wood churn
- Horse harness
- Record of Kate Smith singing God Bless America
- Old Trumpet
- Old Drums
- Old Clarinet
- Old Marbles
- Old Ball & Jacks
- Old Telephone Switch Board
- Old Coffee Grinder
If you possess any of these items and wish to donate them, please contact us by email: or call: .
Volunteer’s are avaialble to take your call Monday’s and Wednesday’s, to help determine if the item is still needed, and discuss delivery arrangements. Other days of the week, please leave a message with the following:
- your name
- phone number
- and a description of the item(s) you would like to donate.
Your call will be returned as soon as possible.