Draper Then and Now
Draper, Utah-12300 South looking east in 1917, and again in 2010.
DRAPER HISTORICAL SOCIETY is looking for volunteers for museum shift work and other projects.
Shiftwork Schedule: Summer Morning Shift-Monday’s & Wednesday’s: 8:00 AM2:00 PMPM
Summer Afternoon Shift 2:00PM-6:00PMbetween April and November, each year.
Winter Morning Shift-Monday’s & Wednesday’s: 8:00-1:00 PMPM
Winter Afternoon Shift 1:00 PMPM6:00 PMbetween November and March, each year.
- greeting guests and guiding tours of the museum contents and library
- assisting guests to find specific information about their families, or Draper’s history or past or present residents
- maintenance of the library and museum i.e. cleaning & upkeep of the building
- updating collection & cataloging information
- historical research into various subjects about Draper or Draper residents
- maintenance of museum artifacts, i.e. moving, organizing, tagging and displaying.
If assigned to shiftwork, generally it is for one shift per week.
If you are interested in being a volunteer for the Draper Historical Society, please contact us at:
801-495-3976, Monday or Wednesday 8:00-6:00 PM or leave a phone message and we will return your call.
With a rich heritage dating back to 1849, Draper has a unique story of a small group of hearty Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saint pioneers that, after trekking across the plains, came south to settle South Willow (now Draper). Come learn about those who laid the foundation of our community. We welcome individuals, school classes, businesses, organizations.
We have thousands of historical items including: artifacts, tools, personal items, period clothing, musical instruments, pictures, and more.
The museum library contains:
-Draper family histories
-Articles and stories of Draper residents
-Pictures of Draper properties of the past
-Local maps of Draper & the Salt Lake Valley
-The Arts in Draper
-Schools of Draper
-Local Police and Fire Departments through the years
-Local Railroad information
-Histories of Salt Lake Valley towns
-The Draper Postal Service
-Historical artifacts, pictures and memorabilia …and more!
Drop in for a visit, or book a guided tour (by appointment only) Mondays or Wednesdays. Hours: 8:00 am-6:00 pm from April-October, 8:00 am-5:00 pm November-March each year.
We hope to see you soon!