The Draper Historical Society promotes and preserves the history of Draper by gathering and protecting historical documents, pictures, artifacts, personal stories and historical publications.
Draper Historical Society Objectives
- to encourage the study of Draper history by establishing a public museum, art gallery, library and archives.
- to promote the preservation, proper organization and publication of authentic historical records.
- to acquire and preserve for the use of the Society and the public, objects and materials that illuminate the history of Draper.
- to undertake historical research into people, sites, buildings, events or issues and to participate in activities aimed at promoting, commemorating and/or, where relevant, preserving and conserving them.
- to promote the dissemination of information by lectures, seminars, workshops, excursions of historic and geographic interest, and exhibitions.
- to encourage the establishment of societies with aims consistent with these purposes, to support their activities and to promote a network of regional associations to link them to each other and to the Society.
- to publish relevant newsletters, journals, presentations and other material.
- to encourage new memberships in the Society to support and promote these goals and objectives.
Who’s Who in the Draper Historical Society
RaNae Smith Booth
H. Ray Terry